Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
- Rock pools teeming with marine life
- The crystal clear waters of this sheltered bay, ideal for water sports
- The dynamic and constantly changing coastline
- A snack at the beachside café looking out to sea
- Rare migratory birds resting in the wetland
- Follow the coast path to the villages of Hope Cove or Thurlestone
Please note that a life guard is stationed at South Milton Sands only during the summer season.
Find out more about beach safety information.
This area provides an important refuge for breeding and wintering waterbirds and also for migrating birds in the spring and autumn. Water levels are controlled by sluices and outlet pipes, and seasonal light grazing with cattle maintains a traditional balance of meadow grasses and flowers.
Plan your trip in advance by checking the tide times. Tide times are available from the nearest measurement point (Salcombe).
Please note that all times are predictions.