Win Royal Opera House tickets with Standen
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Visitors to Standen’s Garden of Lights this year are in with the chance of winning a pair of tickets to see The Nutcracker ballet at the Royal Opera House in London. The prize includes two tickets to see the show on the main stage on Wednesday 15 January 2014 at 7.30pm.
About the Garden of Lights
Standen’s Garden of Lights, in East Grinstead, will tell the Nutcracker story in an outdoor theatre of lights. Thousands of fairy lights, glittering decorations and other illuminated objects will be used to light up the twists and turns of the garden. The scene will also be set with Tchaikovsky’s dramatic music, a few surprises and even a real-life Sugar Plum Fairy, following a search for someone to play the festive character earlier this year.
How to enter
To enter the competition, simply fill in a comment card at Standen during your visit. Hand your completed cards to a member of staff or leave in the appropriate collection boxes at Standen.
If you can’t wait to find out if you’re the lucky winner, the Royal Opera House will be live screening the ballet to a cinema near you on 12 December. Find out more here.
Competition terms and conditions
1. The competition is open to visitors who have filled in a comment card at Standen during their visit to the Garden of Lights event only
2. The competition is open from 30 November to 22 December 2013 inclusive
3. This competition is open to residents of the UK aged 18 years or over excluding employees and their families of The National Trust and the Royal Opera House, their agents or anyone professionally connected with this promotion
4. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
5. Only one entry per household
6. Tickets are only valid for the 7.30pm performance of The Nutcracker on Wednesday 15 January at the Royal Opera House in London. No alternative date or prize is available
7. There is no cash alternative
8. The National Trust and the Royal Opera House will not be responsible for any transport or accommodation costs incurred in the fulfilment of the prize
9. Winners will be notified by email or phone on Tuesday 24 December 2013. Standen will post the winner’s tickets to the address given at the time of entry. Please allow two weeks for delivery of tickets. If winner is unable to make the event for any reason, no alternative prize offering will be made available
10. The winner’s name will available on request from Standen after 6 January 2014
11. The prize will be fulfilled by the Royal Opera House.
12. The National Trust collects and processes personal information for the purposes of customer analysis and direct marketing so that we can contact you about our conservation, membership, fundraising and other activities. If you would prefer not to hear from the National Trust in this way, please tick the corresponding box on the comment card
13. Data will also be shared with the Royal Opera House, who will use this data for direct marketing to inform you of relevant cinema screenings and production information. If you would prefer not to hear from the Royal Opera House in this way, please tick the corresponding box on the comment card
Promoter – Royal opera House, Covent Garden, London WC2E 9DD and National Trust, Heelis, Kemble Drive, Swindon, SN2 2NA
The Nutcracker runs at the Royal Opera House from Wednesday 4 December until Thursday 16 January 2014. For full details of casting and to check ticket availability visit the Royal Opera House website.