Engineer for the day gift experience
Roll up your sleeves and join the crew for a hands-on adventure. You’ll spend time up on the helm as well as experiencing life in the engine room of our magnificent, rebuilt, Victorian steam boat.
We’ll kit you out with a Steam Yacht Gondola branded set of overalls (so you don’t get those rolled-up sleeves dirty) and show you how to work old-fashioned steam technology.
From the moment you arrive until the minute you leave you can choose to be as involved with the many and varied aspects of crewing Gondola as you wish. You’ll learn all sorts of fascinating things about what it takes to run the boat from our friendly, knowledgeable crew.
You’ll also enjoy a superb picnic lunch lovingly made by our friends at the famous Bluebird Café.
In addition, included in your day is a complimentary family ticket for one of the day’s sailings so that your nearest and dearest can enjoy some of the experience with you.
Highlights of the day
During your trip you will:
- learn to light the boiler and raise steam
- feed the firebox with our environmentally friendly fuel logs, take on water and tend the engine
- learn how to tie up the boat at the jetty and set up the passenger gangway
- try your hand at helming in the stunning surroundings of Coniston Water
- enjoy a hearty packed lunch provided by the Bluebird Café
- discover the history of the boat and learn how she was resurrected from the depths of Coniston Water
- share your experience with friends or family onboard Gondola with one free cruise for up to 3 people
You’ll leave as an ‘honorary member’ of the crew with your Steam Yacht Gondola overalls as a memento of your fabulous day with us, along with a complimentary guidebook and Steam Yacht Gondola engineer’s mug.
Whether it’s a treat for yourself or a present for someone special, ‘Engineer for the Day’ is an experience to treasure.
Cost - currently 10% off when you book online
The cost of the day's package is £295 but £265.50 if you book online now.
Alternatively, email us for more information and a booking form.