This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Stourhead's signature dish
Our signature dish is an organic beef cobbler which was first created to celebrate our restaurant achieving the gold Food for Life catering mark. This means that all our food is free from unwanted additives, uses only the best seasonal, local produce and all our meat and dairy are organic and free-range.
Did you know?
- Stourhead has over 400,000 visitors a year
- Most of our visitors pop into the restaurant at some point during the day
- Our soup is always gluten and dairy free
- We always have a vegetarian hot main meal available
- All our coffees and teas are Fairtrade
- Our bakers Thea and Marina ensure fresh cakes and scones are ready waiting for you
- We have a fantastic team of volunteers who help at busy times
- Our private function room can accomodate up to 50 people
Our food suppliers
- Our organic milk and cream is provided by Ivy House farm, Somerset
- We use local cheeses supplied by Crook & Churn Dairy
- Our free range eggs come from one of our tenant farmers, just two miles away
- Our presses are made on the Western Stourhead estate using Stourhead spring water
- We use fruit and vegetables provided by Chalmers of Wells, Somerset...
- ...as well as our own, grown in Stourhead's walled garden