On the water
The sheltered waters of Studland Bay are ideal for watersports, including swimming, sailing, kayaking, kite surfing and diving. Bring your own equipment or hire it from companies here on site (see below).
- Boat storage and launching from £18 a day
- Weekly rental from £100
- Long-term storage - waiting list opens annually on April 1 for one month
- Phone 01929 450500 (booking essential)
fore/adventure at Middle Beach: kayaking and kayak fishing.
Also sit-on-top BCU courses, guiding, tours and equipment hire for all levels of ability.
Expert tuition including one-to-one sessions.
Contact 07933 507165.
Studland Watersports at Knoll Beach: sailing, windsurfing, kayaks, paddle boards and pedaloes.
Also powerboat-based activities including wake boarding, waterskiing and banana rides.
Contact 07980 559143.
- Swimmers only zones operate at Knoll Beach and South Beach during the summer, but please look out for swimmers in other areas.
- A kite surfing zone has been set aside between Shell Bay and Knoll Beach – a permit is required (please return the form below to the Studland beach office with a £5 fee)
- Jet skis and motorboats over 20hp are not allowed
- There is no lifeguard service at Studland
- Please be aware of weather and tidal conditions