The Old Post Office provides a wide range of learning opportunities. A quick tour of the house will allow for comparisons across time. Alternatively, we can offer full-day visits for children to really get hands on with the past.
Book now by calling 01840 770024 or email us.
How to get the most from your visit
- Book at least one month in advance so we can create a unique visit
- Decide on the key points you want your group to learn
- Arrange a visit to the site for yourself, so you know the house
- Make sure the children bring wet weather gear and old, warm clothing
A sample day could include
- Brief introduction to the history of the house
- Guided tour of the property
- Bread making and baking in the Victorian clay oven
- Victorian school with arithmetic and spelling
- Butter churning
- Learning about herbs for healing and food
- Play time with Victorian replica toys
- Doing the laundry