Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Don't forget to...
- Follow the Townend Trail to find the things that most people will miss
- Enjoy our cottage garden and admire George's prize winning plants
- Discover lots of quirky objects as you wander through the house
- Try to guess the age of George's intricately carved furniture
- Get your boots on and explore Troutbeck valley with one of our downloadable trails
Yes, handcuffs. Not your ordinary find in a National Trust house. So why would you find handcuffs in a Westmorland farmhouse?
Come and see us and we might just tell you.