Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
We have plenty to keep the kids entertained this Spring.
Let them tackle the Townend quiz as you follow one of our guided tours and look out for interesting objects on the kids trail as you explore the house. Outdoors they can play traditional games and have a go at the scavenger hunt around our cottage garden.
Don't forget to...
- Get your boots on and explore Troutbeck valley with one of our downloadable trails
- Follow the Townend Trail to find the things that most people will miss
- Enjoy our cottage garden and admire George's prize winning plants
- Visit one of our nearby places that stay open for Winter
- Discover lots of quirky objects as you wander through the house
- Try to guess the age of George's intricately carved furniture
Yes, handcuffs. Not your ordinary find in a National Trust house. So why would you find handcuffs in a Westmorland farmhouse?
Come and see us and we might just tell you.