Eating & shopping
The Barn Tea-room
Visit the relaxed and informal Barn Tea-room at Trerice.
The tea-room is a large converted barn with high beamed ceilings which create a wonderfully calming atmosphere.
The gift shop
Find books, gifts, local food and quality souvenirs in the shop at Trerice.
We often bring in new ranges, but also keep in stock your old favourites.
Everything you buy in the shop helps to keep Trerice going from strength to strength.
We've only got a small garden at Trerice but try to keep the most popular plants stocked in our plant sales area.
We also sell a range of plants with seasonal interest including herbs for you to create your own Tudor garden.
Enjoy a family meal in the garden
When the sun's shining enjoy lunch or something sweet outside in our lawned tea garden.
Lemon meringue pie
We've become known for our lemon meringue pie at Trerice. Tuck into a slice with coffee or afternoon tea.
The great barn
Once an agricultural hub, the barn stored the annual harvest. Explore the building to find out more.
- Enjoy a coffee and a flick through a guidebook before the house opens
- Choose a delicious cake to have with your morning coffee
- Tuck into tasty warming meals including soup or light lunches
- Order a daily special made with the best of Cornish seasonal produce
- As you're in Cornwall, you'll have to spoil yourself with a cream tea
- Eat and drink in the atmosphere of a bygone farming era
- Find a nice seat in the garden and enjoy a Cornish dairy ice cream
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Games and books
We bring history to life for families with games to play in the garden and indoors in the magnificent great hall. Continue the fun with our games and books on sale.
If you're inspired by the Civil War stories you hear at Trerice then we've got wooden weapons for your own battles, perfect for playing in the garden with.
Time for defence
Everyone can enjoy trying on our replica Civil War plate armour and mail in the great hall. We sell a range of toy armour in the shop for little warriors.