Eating & shopping
Visit the relaxed and informal Barn Restaurant at Trerice.
Our shop is located in the main house opposite the Great Hall.
We have a range of plants to suit all budgets
- Enjoy a coffee and a flick through a guidebook before the house opens
- Choose a delicious cake to have with your morning coffee
- Tuck into tasty warming meals including soup or light lunches
- Order a daily special made with the best of Cornish seasonal produce
- As you're in Cornwall, you'll have to spoil yourself with a cream tea
- Eat and drink in the atmosphere of a bygone farming era
- Find a nice seat in the garden and enjoy a Cornish dairy ice cream
Enjoy a family meal in the garden
When the sun's shining enjoy lunch or something sweet outside in our lawned tea garden.
Lemon meringue pie
We've become known for our lemon meringue pie at Trerice. Tuck into a slice with coffee or afternoon tea.
The great barn
Once an agricultural hub, the barn stored the annual harvest. Explore the building to find out more.
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Games and books
We bring history to life for families with games to play in the garden and indoors in the magnificent great hall. Continue the fun with our games and books on sale.
If you're inspired by the Civil War stories you hear at Trerice then we've got wooden weapons for your own battles, perfect for playing in the garden with.
Time for defence
Everyone can enjoy trying on our replica Civil War plate armour and mail in the great hall. We sell a range of toy armour in the shop for little warriors.