Something for everyone
- Enjoy the intimacy of the small yet surprisingly plentiful gardens, perfectly in keeping with the Tudor manor house
- Have a go at Tudor garden games for all the family
- Visit the new Ladies Garden and watch it progress
- Enjoy a carnival of colour and productivity in the vegetable garden
- Relax amongst the calming hues of the blue and white border
- Run around, picnic or just lie back and enjoy the open spaces
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
About the garden
The garden layout and structure at Trerice as we see it today originates from the Elizabethan period. We have little information about how the garden and wider landscape was developed or exactly when. Archaeological evidence shows that the landscape has been used for hundreds of years primarily as farm land, productive grounds, formal and ornamental gardens.
Although the garden is relatively small, we try and ensure that it is:
- Fun, with a turf maze, Kayles and other games and activities to play
- Enjoyable, with vibrant, carefully crafted planting schemes
- Sympathetic, to compliment our historic Elizabethan Manor
- Productive, growing fresh vegetables, herbs and fruit all year round
We have one full time gardener who looks after the grounds on a daily basis. She is assisted by a garden manager, as well as a part time seasonal gardener and a fantastic team of 12 volunteers who carry out a range of tasks around the property, come rain or shine, all year round.
The Ladies Garden
We've spent the past year creating our new parterre, the Ladies Garden. The planting consists of yew hedging, white roses ('Sweet Child of Mine'), oreganum ('Herrenhausen') and lavender ('Silver Mist').
Come and check on our progress and discover the story of our newest feature.
Looking good in the garden
Blue and white borders
Enjoy the simple colour palette of our herbaceous borders. A real summer show stopper.
Love roses? Then you'll be enchanted by the many varieties growing around the garden.
Enjoy an explosion of colour in the stable bed, where annuals fill every space .