Things to see & do
A spectacular place to visit all year round, with wonderful views and excellent walking opportunities.
A beautiful river, perfect to stroll along or picnic beside. Keep an eye open for the wildlife.
Farming in the Dales
The hay meadows are beautiful in summer and are very precious to the farmers, wildlife and to us.
- A stroll along the river and look out for dippers or even an otter
- Enjoy the spectacular views from any of the footpaths in Wharfedale
- Have a picnic along the banks of the river
- A 'must do' for the energetic is a hike up Buckden Pike
- Join us for one of our guided walks
- Pause at our exhibition in Buckden - see how climate change affects us
Keep warm and cosy
- Wrap up warm and take a stroll or hike to enjoy the views
- Get the blood pumping by following the Tour de France route through Kettlewell to Cray
- Put your trainers on and run through spectacular scenery
- Take the dog for a walk and explore new paths
- Catch a falling leaf and make a wish