Car & Motor Cycle club visits
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
- The setting of the house, forecourt and drive will set off your vehicles to perfection
- 2 for 1 entry for occupants of classic/vintage vehicles
- Space for displaying up to 60 vehicles close to the house in a normally pedestrian-only area
- Ample parking in the main car park for non-classic/vintage vehicles
- For large events the whole property can be hired outside normal hours
- Large and varied gardens to enjoy in addition to a fascinating house
- Upton House is 8 miles from the M40 exit 12 and the Heritage Motor Centre at Gaydon
- IMPORTANT: for full information download details from the link below and from the "For Groups" page
Lord Bearsted bought Upton House and became chairman of Shell on his father’s death in 1927.
Shell employed famous artists in the 1930s to illustrate their posters. Throughout 2014 Shell and the Art of Advertising is an exhibition in the Squash Court Gallery featuring examples of the posters, some with original artwork.
In the house you will also find a permanent exhibition of Shell promotional material from the period which also features the famous Shell Guides, and original comic artwork to put a smile on your face.