Things to see & do
What's on this autumn & half term
Pumpkin carving, ghostly tales, spooky family trails, fungi forays, guided walks, food fairs and so much more. Find out what's on near you.
Come rain or shine
Don't let a bit of rain spoil a good day out:
- Belton House, Lincolnshire - burn off some energy at the Ride Indoor Play Area
- The Museum of Childhood at Sudbury Hall, Derbyshire - play with traditional toys, climb the chimney or take part in a Victorian school lesson
- Woolsthorpe Manor, Lincolnshire - find your inner scientist and make your own rainbow in the Science Discovery Centre
- Berrington Hall, Herefordshire - get dressed up as a Lord, a Lady or a servant or see the Victorian toys
- Charlecote Park, Warwickshire - pick up a children’s trail, try on a maid’s costume or see what’s happening in the Victorian kitchen.
- Croome, Worcestershire – try the imaginative trail, design your own plate and try on costumes and wigs
Discover something new near you, from exhibitions to afternoon tea:
Packwood Follies, Warwickshire - explore the new outdoor art installation including a cabin and four-poster bed
Hanbury Hall, Worcestershire - enjoy afternoon tea in the new Chambers tea-room
Attingham Park, Shropshire - step behind the scenes on a tour of the roof conservation work until the end of October
Hardwick Hall, Derbyshire - learn more about the lives of the men who built Hardwick
Gunby Hall, Lincolnshire - explore the wider estate and venture to the recently renovated ice house pond
The Workhouse, Nottinghamshire - let Mary Mouse be your guide and immerse yourself in life at The Workhouse
Collect your conkers and see who will become champion in your household.
Catch a falling leaf
How many different coloured leaves will you catch this autumn?
Eat an apple from a tree
There's nothing tastier than a crisp, ripe apple straight from a tree.
Pick blackberries in the wild
Explore the wider estates of the places we care for to find the juiciest blackberries.
Build a den
Gather branches and leaves and make yourself a shelter.