Things to see & do
Get the wow factor this spring at our amazing places and spaces across the North West. Unlock secrets, discover stories, see nature come back to life and enjoy adventures - non stop family fun every day. Try stepping into the Edwardian era at Lyme Park, getting lost in a Victorian maze at Speke Hall, spotting a hawfinch at Sizergh or dressing up as a knight or princess at Wray Castle.
Freedom in the fresh air
Get out and about enjoying freedom in the fresh air this spring. Walk with a cloudless blue sky amidst some fantastic scenery in the Lakes. Try Fell Foot on the shores of Lake Windermere or Aira Force, an impressive 65ft waterfall. Blow the cobwebs away in the coastal air at Formby or, if you’re feeling fit, join a jogging group at Lyme Park. For relaxation, simply take in the changing views and colours of our gardens.
50 things to do before you’re 11¾
If you’re under 11¾ see what 50 things is all about. Here's a few to try...
- Fly a kite on Cage Hill at Lyme Park
- Play pooh sticks on the bridge at Quarry Bank garden
- Explore inside a tree (or climb one!) at Wray Castle
- Go stone skimming at Fell Foot
- Make a grass trumpet at Sizergh
- Jump over waves at Formby
- Go on a barefoot walk at Hare Hill
- Roll down a really big hill at Aira Force
As the weather warms up our wildlife starts to re-awaken. Here’s a few things to keep an eye out for:
If you fancy relaxing with something delicious to eat, try:
- an Edwardian high tea at Lyme Park
- afternoon tea in the stables tea-room or restaurant at Speke Hall
- cream or high tea at Mrs Dale's Pantry, Little Moreton Hall
- Victorian high tea at Rufford Old Hall
- an award-winning afternoon tea at Dunham Massey
Whatever the weather, we’ve games to be played and fun to be had all over the North West. Try:
- The Victorian maze or a spot of billiards at Speke Hall
- Crow Wood Playscape at Lyme Park
- Family board games at Allan Bank
- Dressing up at Wray Castle
- Giant jenga in the walled garden at Hare Hill
Steam Yacht Gondola
We’re offering 20% discount on early and late sailings across Coniston Water on this wonderful Steam Yacht. Applies to 11am and 3.30pm cruises when booked online - quote SPNT14 in the promotions box.
Go glamping and visit the pub for less. Camp in a pod at Langdale campsite mid week and get a £15 voucher to spend at our pub, Sticklebarn.