Facilities & access
- House entry operates on a timed ticket system, including NT members. The last entry during the Christmas season is 3.30pm, house closes at 4pm
- Manor restaurant, waiter-served and fully licensed
- Stables café, ideal for families, situated close to the woodland playground
- Food-to-go outlets selling drinks, snacks, sandwiches and cakes. Picnic hampers can be stored at your own risk
- Manor shop and wine shop for gifts and souvenirs
- Special tours available for groups
- Dogs are not permitted in the gardens, but can be walked in fields near the car park (no shaded parking area currently available)
Family & children
- Woodland playground, suitable for ages 2 to 14 years
- Baby-changing and feeding facilities at the manor and stables
- Front-carrying baby slings and hip-carrying infant seats for loan in the house
- Children's house trail available
- Children's menus available
- Tour of the house for children available during the school holidays
- Toys and sweet shop in the stables courtyard, with games, books and toys
- Certain paths are loose gravel, suitable for most pushchairs
- Small bicycles for Under 5's permitted on the main paths
- Wheelchairs available for the house & gardens, on a first-come, first-served basis
- Grounds - partly accessible, loose gravel paths, steep slopes.
- Adapted toilets
- Large handled cutlery and large print menus available
- Large-type information booklets available in some rooms in the house
- Prints & drawings rooms and wine cellars may require assistance to visit in the lift
- Assistance dogs welcome in both the house and gardens
From our brand new 1000-space car park, purchase your gardens and house tickets or have your membership scanned. Then enjoy a short ride on one of our shuttle buses which leave regularly, taking you directly to the North Fountain. The house and other amenities are then a short 100m walk.
Our new purpose- built mobility assistance vehicle can transport you from the North Fountain to the house or restaurant should you need it, with 10 seats and space for a wheelchair. Our team of volunteers will be happy to help with your requirements.
Enjoy the scenery as you walk up a steady incline on the grass track footpath, from the car park to reach the main gardens. With lovely views at the top over the Vale, the walk should take 15 - 20 minutes. Our path can be used at either the beginning or end of your day.