Family days out
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
50 things to do before you're 11 ¾
We've come up with an exciting list of 50 things to do before you're 11 ¾ - parents can join in too.
Collect your 50 things scrapbook from the Visitor Centre or sign up online at our 50 Things website.
Some of our 50 Things to do here
- Camp out in the wild (no.3)
- Go on a really long bike road (no.11)
- Go star gazing (no.27)
- Hunt for bugs (no.31)
- Discover what's in a pond (no.35)
- Go bird watching (no.44)
- Cook on a campfire (no.47)
- Find a geocache (no.49)
All the essentials
- Baby changing facilities in all toilets
- Cafe serving children's meals, high chairs available
- Push / wheelchair friendly Boardwalk Trail with easy access to wildlife hides
- Willow tunnel play area next to cafe
- Child bikes, tags, trailers, trikes, adult bikes with child seats for hire
- Activities table in main Visitor Centre
- Free seasonal trails/ brass rubbing trail
- Picnic tables in carpark and near Visitor Centre