Eating & shopping
Despite its small size our Coffee Shop is packed with flavour including tasty soup, teas, hot chocolate, filter coffee and a range of cakes, some gluten-free.
We're just five minutes off the A1, so Woolsthorpe's a great place to drop in if you're on the road. Beware though, some people stop for a quick bite and stay for hours.
Top shop buys for Christmas
- Wooden apples - hand-turned by a local craftsman just three miles away
- Books - biographies of Isaac Newton and mathematical puzzles
- Science stocking fillers - magnets, bouncy eggs and Newton's cradles
- Lovely local food - Grantham Gingerbread and Lincolnshire Plum Loaf
- Delicious National Trust jams and blackcurrant curd
- Tiny wooden mice for little hunters
- Woolsthorpe Manor souvenirs - bookmarks, fridge magnets and mugs
A good read
Our small second-hand bookshop expanded from a tabletop to a stable, with fiction and rather a lot of vintage cookery books donated by volunteers and local people. This year we're using the money we raise to help restore an eighteenth century copy of Isaac Newton's Principia which we were given by a visitor.
We love your donations of hardbacks and paperbacks in good condition - just hand them to our Visitor Services team in the Goat House.
Goat House goodies
Browse our tiny shop in the Goat House ticket office for things you won't find in many other National Trust places. We have a small range of National Trust goodies and also an enticing collection of quirky science and mathematical treats you can store away for Christmas surprises.