Eating & shopping
Top Isaac Newton gifts
- Wooden apples - hand-turned by a local craftsman just three miles away
- Books - biographies of Isaac Newton and mathematical puzzles
- Newton's cradles - for hours of fascination
- Mugs and fridge magnets illustrated by Quentin Blake
- Keyrings made from cuttings from The Tree
- Scientific presents for all ages
- Isaac's favourite? Lovely local Grantham Gingerbread
A good read
Our small second-hand bookshop expanded from a tabletop to a stable, with fiction and rather a lot of vintage cookery books donated by volunteers and local people. We use the income for special projects - last year it helped to restore the rare 18th-century edition of Isaac Newton's Principia Mathematica translated into English.
We love your donations of hardbacks and paperbacks in good condition - just hand them to our Visitor Services team in the Goat House.
Drop in for a snack - and stay for the science
Despite its small size our Coffee Shop is packed with flavour including tasty soup, locally-made sandwiches, filter coffee, teas, hot chocolate and a range of cakes, some gluten-free.
We're just five minutes off the A1, so Woolsthorpe's a great place to drop in if you're on the road. Beware though, some people stop for a quick bite and stay for hours.