Eating & shopping
All the cakes, scones and soups in our cosy little 18-seat café are homemade. Why not drop in for morning coffee, a light lunch or a cream tea? It's a lovely place to relax with friends or family. We're open from 10.30am to 4.30pm every day the house and garden are open, but you don't have to be visiting them to come in and treat yourself!
From poetry and plants to jewellery and jam
Our shop next door to Wordsworth House and Garden is packed with Wordsworth-themed gifts and gorgeous locally-made ceramics, craft items, jewellery, stationery and greetings cards, delicious speciality foods and many other seasonal goodies. We also have unusual plants, paperback and hardback books for adults and children, luxurious toiletries, stylish bags and a selection of unique woollen rugs.
Our winter opening hours for shoppers
- Until Wednesday, 24 December: Open. The shop is open from Wednesday to Saturday, from 10.30am to 4.30pm. It’s packed with beautiful Christmas gifts, cards and decorations, so why not come in and have a look?
- Thursday, 25 December to Tuesday, 6 January: Closed.
- Wednesday, 7 January to Saturday, 10 January: Open. It’s our New Year sale – do pop in and grab a bargain.
- Sunday, 11 January to Friday, 6 March: Closed.
- Saturday, 7 March onwards: Open. We’re open Saturday to Thursday, 10am to 5pm, every week until the end of October. We hope you’ll visit to browse the lovely spring stock.