Things to see & do
A naturally inspiring house and garden
It was in this bustling family home and its flower-filled garden that William Wordsworth learned the twin loves of literature and nature that turned him into one of the world’s favourite poets.
Explore at your own pace, or join a special talk or tour to find out more about the happiness and heartache that shaped the original wild child.
- Make yourself at home in our hands-on rooms
- Chat to the maid or manservant in the working kitchen
- Learn the horrible truth about Georgian life
- Taste an 18th-century recipe
- Explore the heritage vegetable and flower gardens
- Listen to poetry in the summerhouse
- Visit our Scots Dumpy chickens
- Indulge yourself in the cosy café
- Browse in our shop