Apricot & Almond Slice
Puddings and cakes
- Serves: 8
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
• 250g butter
• 250g semolina
• 250g self raising flour
• 250g caster sugar
• 1 teaspoon of almond essence
• 2 medium eggs
• Good quality Apricot Jam
• 25g flaked almonds
- Line a rectangular aluminium tin
- Mix the butter, semolina, flour, sugar, almond essence and eggs into a firm dough like mixture
- Divide the mixture in two and press one half into the tin.
- Cover the mixture with a layer of apricot jam; this can be a thin scrape or a thick filling depending on your preference!
- Sprinkle over the remaining half of the mixture; don’t worry if there are a few gaps.
- Scatter over the flaked almonds
- Bake for about 30 minutes at 180 c.
- This recipe should make approximately 10 slices