Christmas spicy cauliflower soup
Starters and soups
- Serves: 4
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 small cauliflower, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 3/4 pints of vegetable stock
- 1/2 pint natural yoghurt
- Salt & pepper
- Fresh coriander to garnish
- Find a large saucepan and add the vegetables with the oil and 3 tablespoons of water.
- Heat until hot right through, then turn down the heat and cover, continue cooking for 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger and spices, stirring well. Cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the stock add seasoning to taste.
- Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- To finish stir in the yoghurt and garnish with coriander.