Perfect picnics at Cliveden
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Why not fill your hamper, add a picnic blanket and join us for some al fresco dining? We’ve the perfect picnic spots already packed.
- Family favourite… head to the picnic tables in the Captains Field in the Water Garden. You’ll be in easy reach of the story-book-themed play area and Maze. The Doll's House toilets are very close too
- Heavy hampers… if you don’t want to walk far, try the picnic area among the trees in the car park
- Peace and quiet… there’s a tucked-away glade just outside the car park with tables overlooking the Russian Valley
- Footballers… make your way to the football pitch at the top of the north paddocks, where you’ll find goal posts and picnic tables for spectators
- Shady spots… the woodlands offer lots of sheltered spots to spread your picnic blanket, or you’ll find picnic tables among the wood carvings at Susan’s Wood near the woodland car park
Easy to find
Our picnicking locations are easy to find and are marked on the welcome leaflet you’ll receive on arrival.
Time for a treat?
If you don’t fancy making your own picnic, our cafés have a range of takeaway options. So you can pick up a sandwich or salad and search out the sunshine – or just supplement your homemade hamper with a coffee or ice-cream.