Big Camp at Bateman’s
This event was last run in July 2017. We are not running a Big Camp event in 2018. Watch this space for 2019 to see if the event is back in our calendar.
This article relates to the Big Camp event that was held at Bateman's in July 2017. We are not running an event in the summer of 2018.
Long after the visitors have gone home, join us for a unique experience of Kipling's garden and estate. Enjoy a range of family activities, including nature tours, games and storytelling around the campfire, before falling asleep nestled in the wooded landscape of the Sussex Weald.
Prices: Adult: £19.00 Child:£9.50 (5-18) Under 5's free
Just pack the tent, bring the family and book now.
- Please arrive from 16:00, park in the visitor car park and set up camp in the field joining it.
- Please bring your own camping equipment, including a tent, torch ect and a picnic or portable cooking kit for your evening meal.
- Please wear comfortable clothing suitable for the ever changing British weather.
- Due to the outdoor nature of this event, wheelchair and pushchair access is limited. Please contact us for advice on 01435 882 302.
- Following the evening activities you will camp overnight in the field, departing the following morning at 10:00.
- Hot and cold soft drinks can be purchased and there is an optional take-away breakfast available.
- We are afraid we won't have space for dogs on site. Only assistance dogs will be permitted in the camping area.
For more information prior to booking please contact us on 01435 882 302.