North and West Wiltshire Association
If you live in our area and agree with the aims of the National Trust why not join the North & West Wiltshire National Trust Association? You are not required to be a member or volunteer of the National Trust.
What we do
See what's coming up
During 2021 we had a programme of Zoom lectures to allow our members to meet regularly and these were very popular, so we decided to continue with them for the next season in addition to our face-to-face ones. Our face-to-face lectures are held in the Wesley Road Methodist Church Hall, Trowbridge on a Saturday at 2.15 pm mostly on the 2nd Saturdays. The Zoom lectures are held mostly on the 4th Saturdays. The 2021/2022 programme of lectures includes:
- 30th Sep Zoom David Birks - Trowbridge Spitfires
- 9th Oct Hall Bob Rogers - Beauty and the Beast
- 23rd Oct Zoom Bill King - Yesterday’s Childhood
- 13th Nov Hall Michael Rumsey – ABC of GWR
- 27th Nov Zoom Robert Arkell - Little Chalfield Manor
- 11th Dec Zoom David Lessman - Amazing Frome
- 8th Jan 2022 Hall Gyll King – Vernacular Spectacular – a short history of barns
- 22nd Jan Zoom Tony McAleavy – Malmesbury Abbey in the Middle Ages
- 12th Feb Hall (AGM starts 2pm) Michael Rumsey – Parish Churches of North Wiltshire
- 26th Feb Zoom Ray Alder – Red Cross Hospital Chippenham
- 12th Mar Hall David Lessman – 17th Century Frome
- 26th Mar Zoom Dave Dawson – Treasures of Stonehenge
- 9th April Hall Paul Alexander – Lacock and The Courts Gardens from the Head Gardener
Reunion Soup and Pud lunch 21st January 2022 Wesley Road Church Hall Trowbridge
This lunch is not only for those who went on the Stayaways to Liverpool and London in 2021 but all members are welcome to attend. There will be a film of our activities while away produced by one of the Committee. This follows a sociable lunch with like-minded friends.
During 2021, taking account of Covid restrictions, we held a few day trips including to Kew and Highclere. The Committee is planning trips during 2022 to Blenheim Palace, Tiverton and the Horse Drawn Barge, The Watercress Line and Gilbert White’s House, The Vine and Sandham Memorial Chapel and Forde Abbey and gardens. We are also working on 2/3 day Stayaways to Manchester and the Lowry Gallery and also to Leatherhead and The Watts Gallery and Chapel.
Get in touch
For more information and to join the North and West Wiltshire Association, please email our Secretary.