Become part of a great team
The safety of our staff, volunteers, visitors and supporters is our top concern and in accordance with Government guidelines on social distancing, our houses, shops, cafes, gardens, parks and car parks are now closed. However, many will be grateful for support when they reopen. If you are interested in volunteering, please keep checking for future opportunities.
As a small National Trust place, we're incredibly grateful for the help and commitment of our loyal volunteers. We regularly look for new friendly faces to join our fantastic team. Our volunteers are just like you and come from all walks of life. Whether you're a student looking for work experience; unemployed and wanting to bolster your CV; in work but keen to do something in your spare time; retired and needing to get out of the house...we'd like to hear from you.
We have a variety of roles available to fit with your availability. You could find yourself taking part in something a little bit different either on a one-off or ongoing basis.
- House Guide - Our house guides give a warm welcome to visitors and share their expert knowledge of 575 Wandsworth Road. Training is given on how best to share the house’s fascinating stories and how to respond to our visitors’ varied interests.
- Conservation – If you have a passion for history, art, craft and conservation and are interested in helping us look after more than a thousand objects this could be for you. We provide full training.
- Researcher - Helping with various research projects.
- Accessibility and Inclusivity - Working with us to improve our accessibility and find ways to become more inclusive.
- Programme Support - Supporting us as we deliver a versatile programme to paying visitors and our local community.
- Photographer - Documenting our house and our work as a volunteer photographer.
Volunteering gives you a chance to share your skills and learn new ones, as well as providing you with the chance to engage with a wide range people and is an enjoyable and rewarding way to support the work we do and spend time in a unique and beautiful setting.
We hope you will consider joining us.