National Trust shop at Avebury
We are delighted to have our shop at Avebury open again. We have many inspiring new and exciting products, perfect for gifts and treats. Why not pop in and have a look at our exciting new range?
Staying safe in the shop
The safety of staff, volunteers and visitors is our priority, therefore we will be introducing social distancing measures including:
- In line with government guidelines you'll be required to wear a face covering while inside the shop. Please bring one with you.
- Where necessary, we will limit the flow of people coming into our shops to ensure they don’t get too busy.
- Hand sanitiser will be available for customers and colleagues to use, as well as extra cleaning products to wipe baskets.
- Protective screens at till points.
- Where possible, we will create separate entrances and exits, so that it’s easier to keep a safe distance from other customers.
- Our staff and signs will reinforce these safety measures.
We’ll also only be accepting card payment. We look forward to welcoming you back and know that you’ll support us to make this a safe experience for everyone.
Sustainable and local
You can be sure that we have sustainability at the heart of the products we supply. Why not explore our range of cleaning products and kitchenware that are gentle on the environment (such as our minty multi-surface cleaner, bamboo cutlery and jute placemats)? Or if you're looking for that perfect gift, why not go local with our beautiful wide range?
We're also pleased to be able to support local artisans with a range of,lovingly made products such as a rapeseed oil made from the crops by Silbury Hill, heavenly scented toiletries made by Bliss Botanicals or glass earrings and pendants in vibrant colours made by Reg Thompson, to name but a few.
We have an extensive bookshop which guarantees you a good read, from text books about Avebury (including Exploring Avebury by Steve Marshall) to folklore and walking guides. Don't forget to visit our second-hand bookshop, Cobblestones, on the High Street.
We look forward to welcoming you to our shop soon.
Every pound you spend goes directly towards looking after Avebury and our other Wiltshire Landscape sites. Helping us to look after the monuments, keep pathways clear, maintain gates and stiles and look after the conservation of the natural environment so that it continues to support the wildlife that lives here.