Father Christmas at Belton: Find out more
Christmas at Belton is here, and there are lots of opportunities to visit Father Christmas. Take a look at these frequently asked questions if you’ve bought a ticket to an event or would like to find out more before you book. Tickets are selling fast, so pre-booking is strongly advised to avoid disappointment.
How many adults can go in with the children to see Father Christmas?
At least 1 adult must accompany each child through the grotto.
Can we take photographs?
Yes, of course!
What other activities are there for us to do inside and out while waiting to see Father Christmas?
Craft activities are available for waiting ticket holders before entering the grotto. The grotto is situated near the Ride Play Café for playing indoors and beside the Discovery Centre where there are seasonal hands on activities. Once exiting the grotto you will be close to the garden, why not pick up a free family trail to find the hidden jingle bells?
Why do you need to know the children’s ages?
All the presents are chosen with the age of the child in mind. Ages are needed to make sure your child receives a suitable present.
How long will the wait be?
The timed ticket system used between 11am and 1pm allows us to monitor the queue waiting time. This should be no longer than a 30 minute wait. If you have pre-booked a ticket this wait should be less than this.
How much will it cost to see Father Christmas at Belton?
Grounds admissions fee does apply to all non-members plus the cost of £3.50 per child to see Father Christmas.
How can I pre-book a ticket?
Tickets can be booked and paid for in advance for visits between 2-3.45pm by calling the Estate office 9am – 5pm Monday – Friday 01476 566116. If your preferred date is fully booked there will be timed tickets available on the day for visits between 11am-1pm.
Why is payment needed for advance tickets?
Tickets are provided with your booking confirmation once you have paid and will be emailed to you. You will not need to pick up a timed ticket on arrival.
If you have already pre-booked a ticket to visit the grotto please remember:
- Arrive 20-30mins before your Father Christmas allocated time slot to allow time to get from the car park via visitor reception to the grotto
- You will need to show a copy of your booking confirmation to the elf, either printed copy or on handheld device
If you’re planning to book a ticket:
- Tickets can be booked by calling the Estate Office 9am – 5pm Monday – Friday 01476 566116
- Tickets are £3.50 per child to be paid in advance over the telephone
- Grounds admissions fee does apply to all non-members plus the cost of £3.50 per child to see Father Christmas
- Booking confirmations will be emailed and this act as your ticket to Father Christmas
- Please arrive 20-30mins before your Father Christmas allocated time slot to allow time to get from the car park via visitor reception to the grotto
- Please remember you will need to show a copy of your booking confirmation to the elf, either printed copy or on handheld device