Where will your legs take you?
Sprint your way to over 500 special places nationwide, as we're giving away a year's National Trust membership to one lucky winner at our parkrun event on Saturday 6th January.
What is parkrun?
Parkrun is a free, weekly, 5km timed run in beautiful parkland surroundings. With the focus on having fun and supporting each other it’s a great way to stay healthy, discover some of the nation’s favourite places like those cared for by the National Trust, and make a real contribution to their conservation.
Parkrun at Blickling
All you need to do is register for your parkrun event beforehand on the official parkrun UK website. Arrive in good time to hear the run briefing which is held just inside the white park gates at 8:45am, especially if you’re new to the course. The surface is good under-foot so suitable for pushchairs, and we allow dogs on short leads to join in too.
Blickling parkrun starts at 9am and follows the red way markers, a course that takes in stunning views across the park and sweeps close to the Mausoleum, an iconic artefact of Blickling’s rich history. Pop into reception for more information about how best to explore the house and gardens, or to grab a map of some of the other way marked walks we have on the estate.
A bit of friendly competition
As one of the friendliest and most breathtaking parkrun events in the region, we’re proud to say that Blickling parkrun has many loyal supporters who run and volunteer each week. We want to celebrate that, so we're giving Blickling parkrunners the chance to win free National Trust membership.
How to enter:
1. Register with parkrun UK.
2. Print your barcode and bring it with you to Blickling parkrun on 6th January 2018.
3. Before the event, present your barcode to a National Trust member of staff to enter.
4. A winner will be drawn and announced at 10am at the same location as the run briefing. If not present at the draw, the winner will be contacted via email. They should bring the confirmation email into Muddy Boots Café at any time within 30 days to redeem their membership.
Got the bug?
In March, Blickling Estate hosts its first Night Run event.
Why not try the parkrun events at nearby National Trust places Sherringham Park, Hatfield Forest and Wimpole Hall. In addition to the 5km course, Wimpole also offers a junior 2km parkrun. You can find out more about parkrun and junior parkrun events at National Trust places near you on our website.
Want to volunteer next time? All the feel-good of a parkrun, without going near a single piece of lycra! Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the Blickling parkrun facebook page for more details.
Parkrun membership competition 2018
1. Enter by presenting your barcode to a member of NT staff at a stall set-up outside park gates; no cost to enter, but you must be a parkrunner.
2. Bring your barcode.
3. The competition will run from 06/01/18 until 06/01/18.
4. The prize is one free Annual Individual NT membership to the person drawn at random from the list of names.
5. Anyone who presents a barcode can participate.
6. National Trust, Blickling Estate, Norwich, NR11 6NF.
7. No restriction on number of entries.
8. No cash alternative to prize.
9. The winner will be drawn at 10am after the race at 9am on 06/01/18.
10. The winner will be contacted via email if not present when the draw is done.
11. Result of the competition will be announced at the following week’s parkrun, and via social media (post-event publicity).
12. If not present at the draw, the winner should bring the confirmation email into Muddy Boots Café at any time within 30 days to redeem their membership.
Terms and conditions
1. This competition is open to all residents of the UK who have registered with Parkrun UK, except for employees of the National Trust, their families or anyone else associated with this competition.
2. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all terms and conditions are adhered to. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. Entrants must supply their parkrun barcode with name and unique number to a member of National Trust staff involved in running the competition. Anyone with a parkrun barcode is eligible to enter, irrespective of whether they registered with Blickling as their primary parkrun.
5. There is no charge to enter the competition. A genuine parkrun barcode must be provided. At the discretion of the organisers, a name and barcode number may be accepted as entry in the event that a runner forgets their barcode. There is no restriction on the number of entries.
6. The competition will run from 06/01/18 until 06/01/18. All entries must be received by 9am, on Saturday 6th January. Late or incomplete entries will not be accepted.
7. Entrants under the age of 16 must obtain the consent of a parent or guardian to do so.
8. The winning barcode will be drawn at random by a National Trust employee. The winner will be announced after parkrun at 10am just inside Park Gates.
9. Winners will be notified via email by Parkrun the same day.
10. To redeem the prize, the winner must present proof of ID or another valid parkrun barcode to a member of National Trust staff on the day of the competition. If the winner is not present when announced, they should bring the confirmation email from Parkrun into the Estate Barn visitor reception in the main car park at Blickling Estate to redeem their membership within 30 days. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, the judges reserve the right to select another winner from the eligible entries which were received before the closing date.
11. The winner of the Parkrun Competition will receive one free annual National Trust individual membership. All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
12. The winner may be required to take part in publicity and their name may be published on the National Trust website, in the National Trust Magazine and other National Trust publications. The winner will also be announced on the Blickling Parkrun Facebook page.
13. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the National Trust and accordingly the National Trust may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the promoter as a result thereof.
14. English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
National Trust registered charity number 205846