My Brimham photography competition terms&conditions
Terms and conditions for Mt Brimham photgraphy competition. Please read them carefully.
1. This competition is open to all visitors of Brimham Rocks.
2. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all terms and conditions are adhered to. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. Entries should be emailed to email@example.com.
5. Image files (from both digital cameras and smartphones) must be a maximum of 300 dpi and between 2MB and 3MB as a jpeg file. Any number of images may be submitted. Entrants must supply their contact details including name, email, age, and a caption for their photo.
6. All entries must be received during the months of September, October, November and December2017. Late, incomplete or corrupt entries will not be accepted.
7. Entrants under the age of 16 must obtain the consent of a parent or guardian prior to submitting any images.
8. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have won a prize in any other photographic competition.
9. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the consent of anyone who is identifiable in that image or the consent of their parent/guardian if they are under 16 and that they have been advised of the purpose of the submission and that their photograph may be published by the National Trust.
10. Entrants must ensure that the photographs they are submitting are their own work, that they own the copyright for them and that they do not infringe the copyright or other rights of any third party or any laws.
11. All images entered must be shots of Brimham as seen through their eyes. The pictures must be taken on National Trust, Brimham Rocks land.
12. Entrants will retain copyright and moral rights in their submitted images however, by entering, all entrants:
(a) grant the National Trust non-exclusive rights to use the images to promote the competition the images were submitted to or for similar future competitions within a five year period of the winners of the competition being announced;
(b) agree that the use referred to at Clause 11(a) above may include publishing, displaying or otherwise reproducing the images (whether on the internet, in the National Trust Magazine, in exhibitions or otherwise) provided such use is for the purposes of promoting the competition or similar future competitions only; and
(c) agree that the National Trust may contact them using the contact details they provide to discuss potential use of the images beyond promotion of the competition. Such discussion and negotiation will be independent from the competition and will not affect entrants’ chances of winning.
13. The National Trust will ensure the photographer will always be credited whenever his or her image is used and published by the National Trust.
14. The entries to be displayed in Brimham Visitor Centre will be chosen by Brimham Photographic Society.
15. The chosen entries will be notified by email.
16. The winners may be required to take part in publicity and their name and county may be published on the National Trust website, in the National Trust Magazine and other National Trust publications.
17. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prize[s] impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the National Trust and accordingly the National Trust may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the promoter as a result thereof.
18. English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
This document was published in August 2017