Welcome to Brimham Rocks
With 400 acres of moorland and rocks to explore, there are plenty of activities for families and independent adventurers to do. Discover how to make the best of your day and find out more about the history, geology and the habitat.
Parking for National Trust members
Each member will need to bring their own card or scan at the car parking machine for a parking ticket to be displayed in the car.
Taking out a membership with us
If you'd like to become a member you will have free parking and entry not only to us but hundreds of other National Trust sites across the country. Please ask on your arrival.
When you become a member with us at Brimham Rocks it directly benefits the site, as we receive a credit, which goes straight back into looking after this special place. Then every time you visit and scan your membership card you're contributing to the money we receive towards the site, too.
National Trust for Scotland members
National Trust Scotland members have free entry to the site but make sure that every member on your membership brings their card along. We do not have access to the National Trust Scotland database to check your membership if you don't bring your card and you'll be asked to pay the parking fee.
We are a charity and rely on your memberships and parking fees to look after this special place for future generations to enjoy.
All you need to know about parking
- There are blue badge parking spaces in the bottom car park.
- Our car parks are pay and display and the parking machines take coins only.
- The car parks are manned from 10.30am-3.30pm and attendants have extra change on hand if you’re low on coins.
- On busy days the overflow car park on the neighbouring field will be opened for extra parking spaces.
- Car park £6 for 4 hours, £9 per day. Minibuses £12 (booking essential), motorhomes (6m and over) £12, coaches (booking essential) £18, motor cycles free.
Access to the site
- There is a mobility scooters available on a first come first serve basis. Booking is essential. Please call the office on 01423 780688.
- There is an all-weather accessible footpath winding through the rocks from the top car park up to the picnic area.
- There are accessible toilets in the picnic area behind the Kiosk.
Memories to treasure
Please do snap away around this site of wonderful views and quirky rocks. You can share your photos of your visit with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram on @NTBrimhamRocks/@NT_BrimhamRocks and by using hashtag #brimhamrocks.
While they make very unique photos, we ask that you don't bring your drone. This is to protect our visitors and the site itself.
For professional photography (including wedding and engagement photoshoots) and filming please contact the office on 01423 780688.
How long do you need to walk around?
With its 400 acres of rocks and moorland Brimham can offer a full day of exploration for families clambering all over the rocks or you can get an idea of what the site holds in an hour. For a stroll along the Boundary Walk 2-3 hours should be set aside.
Book a tramper
If you don’t feel quite steady on your feet you can book a tramper mobility scooter to take you through the rocks. There are accessible footpaths through the main rock area that will allow you to explore the most famous rocks and views from the comfort of the tramper. Just call the office to confirm the date and time of your visit and the tramper will be waiting for you in the car park when you arrive.
Leave the car at home, take the bus
There's a new service to enjoy - the Brimham Explorer 825. This means you can enjoy the 7.5 mile walk, In the Footsteps of Monks, from Brimham Rocks to Fountains Abbey and get the bus back. You can get this bus to both Fountains Abbey and Brimham Rocks, directly from Ripon and Harrogate. The Brimham Explorer 825 runs on Sundays and Bank Holidays from May to September.
Have a rest on your cycling trip
When cycling around Nidderdale AONB Brimham Rocks is an excellent stopping point for refueling with a slice of cake and filling up the water bottles.
- There are cycle racks in the main car park as well as in front of the refreshment kiosk.
- We have a cycle repair kit at hand should your bike need an emergency servicing; ask at the Visitor Centre.
- The refreshment kiosk stocks a variety of award-winning cakes and pies and serves an excellent cup of coffee.
- Don't hesitate to make use of the toilet facilities (open 8am-5.30pm) and fill up your water bottle.
Tag us on Instagram
We love photos! If you snap some great shots of Brimham Rocks tag us or use #brimhamrocks. Follow us to see what's happening around the site.
Follow us on Twitter
Find out all the latest news, behind the scene photos and information about upcoming events by following Brimham Rocks on Twitter.
Like us on Facebook
Keep up with the latest news and events at Brimham Rocks.