Christmas lunch at Calke Abbey
Treat yourself to a heart-warming, three-course Christmas dinner at Calke Abbey, cooked by the Calke chefs.
Christmas lunch menu
- Parsnip soup served with apple and almond crisps, smoked paprika and cheese scone
- Confit duck leg bonbons with mushroom risotto and port reduction
- Chinese style pork dumplings with crunchy radish and cabbage slaw, and a sweet chilli sauce
- Baked button mushroom casserole, served with a stilton and paprika cheese straw
- Turkey and sweet potato curry served with cardamom and sage rice and a peshwari naan
- Beetroot pearl barley orsotto with caramelised beetroot, parsnips and celeriac
- Roast beef with caramelised onion purée, cheddar and cabbage potato cake, honey-glazed baby carrots and a Tollgate Ale Yorkshire pudding
- Squash, goats' cheese and fig tart with rocket and toasted walnut salad, lemon and thyme dressing
- Rolled turkey escalope, pork and cranberry stuffing, pigs in blankets, roast potatoes and vegetables with gravy
- Christmas pudding and Bluebells ice cream
- Ginger cheese cake with berry coulis
- Chocolate and cranberry ganache, candied walnuts and clotted cream
- Sticky date pudding with coconut caramel and spiced custard
How to book your place
This year Christmas lunches will be served in our cosy café, and you'll need to book your table in advance. A pre-order will be required when booking, so take a look at the mouth-watering menu before you book.
Christmas lunches are served on select dates only: Tuesday 3, Wednesday 4, Thursday 5, Friday 6, Tuesday 10, Wednesday 11, Thursday 12, Friday 13, Tuesday 17, Wednesday 18 December, Thursday 19 and Friday 20 December.
Bookings will be taken at the following times: 12 noon, 12.30pm, 1pm, 1.30pm and 2pm.
Christmas lunch is £24.50 per person (park admission fee applies to non-members).
To book your table, call 01332 695310.
The small print
The full balance will be required when booking, and this is non-refundable. Payments can be made by credit card, debit card or by cheque. Park admission fee applies to non-members, and don't forget to bring along your membership card if you're already a member.