Christmas dinner at Calke
Treat yourself to a heart-warming Christmas dinner at Calke Abbey. Our menu is packed with seasonal flavours and local ingredients inspired by Christmas on the Calke Estate. Have a look at our mouth-watering menu below.
Calke's Christmas menu
- Parsnip soup with stilton and apple croutons and apple cider reduction
- Wild mushroom tartlet with chive crème fraiche
- Gin and beetroot salmon gravlax with horseradish cream
- Chicken, leek and ham terrine with spiced apple purée, pineapple, mango and chilli salsa and a crusty shell cob
- Roast turkey ballotine with cranberry and sage stuffing, roast potatoes and vegetables
- Butternut squash filled tortellini with a sage and white wine cream sauce, sage and parsley crumb, and cumin-roasted butternut squash
- Calke Estate beef bourguignon with pomme purée and braised red cabbage served with a rich red wine gravy
- Calke Estate roasted pork belly with caramelised apple, butternut squash purée, buttered kale, boulangère potatoes and a red wine reduction
- Christmas pudding served with Bluebell Dairy Irish cream ice creamChocolate and crystallized ginger ganache tart served with Bluebell Dairy vanilla ice cream
- Orange and lemon posset with berry compote and a gingerbread biscuit
- Spotted dick pudding served with brandy sauce
- Coffee or tea and home-made mincemeat pinwheels
How to book your place...
Christmas dinner is a set price of £24.95 per person and must be booked in advance. Give us a call on 01332 695310 to book your table.
The dates available are Monday 5, Tuesday 6, Wednesday 7, Thursday 8, Friday 9, Monday 12, Tuesday 13, Wednesday 14, Thursday 15, Friday 16 December.
Tables can be booked at the following times, subject to availability: 12 noon, 12.30pm, 1pm, 1.30pm and 2pm.
A £5 deposit per person will be required at time of booking and payment can be made by credit/debit card or by cheque. The full balance of payment will be required on the day of your visit.