Christmas lunch at Calke Abbey
Treat yourself to a heart-warming Christmas dinner at Calke Abbey. Our menu is packed with seasonal flavours and local ingredients inspired by Christmas on the Calke Estate. Have a look at our mouth-watering menu and find out how to book your table below.
Calke's Christmas menu
- Spiced pumpkin soup, toasted pumpkin seeds and cream fraiche
- Goats' cheese and red onion filo parcel
- Fish cake with Tartare sauce
- Chicken liver pâté, potted beef, toasted ciabatta and homemade chutney
- Roast turkey ballotine, hazelnut, smoked bacon and sage stuffing, roast
potatoes and vegetables
- Braised blade of venison, pepper sauce with horseradish mash and charred
silver skin onions
- Individual fish pie, glazed with English hard cheese, purple sprouting broccoli
with toasted hazelnuts and nutmeg
- Mushroom vegetarian suet pudding, butternut squash velouté, roast carrots and purple sprouting broccoli
- Christmas pudding served with Bluebells Irish cream ice cream
- Treacle sponge pudding and vanilla custard
- White chocolate and raspberry blondie, with Bluebells ice cream
- Honey panna cotta with ginger and poached rhubarb
- Coffee or tea and home-made puff pastry mince pies
How to book your place...
Christmas dinner is a set price of £24.50 per person and must be booked in advance. Give us a call on 01332 695310 to book your table. Please note that a park admission charge applies for non-members.
The dates available are Weds 6, Thurs 7, Fri 8, Mon 11, Tues 12, Weds 13, Thurs 14 and Fri 15 December.
Tables can be booked at the following times, subject to availability: 12 noon, 12.30pm, 1pm, 1.30pm and 2pm.
A £5 deposit per person will be required at time of booking and payment can be made by credit/debit card or by cheque. The full balance of payment will be required on the day of your visit.