See Castle Drogo as never before by joining a project tour. This is an opportunity to find out more about the building work and see the chapel which is currently not accessible (restrictions apply).
Join our expert tour guides who will explain what the builders are doing and what an extensive project this is. The project tour is over half a mile and goes into the building site and chapel which is currently not accessible independently.
" Project tour was fantastic, it was great to be given an overview of the building project and see the chapel. "
On the 50 minute tour you’ll be able to see the forecourt wall, chapel and south end of the castle. You'll also see the building materials the stonemasons are using to make the castle watertight.
We aim to offer project tours every day, 11am-3pm (with the last tour at 3pm) but tours are subject to weather and volunteer staffing. The tours operate on a first come first served basis. There are restrictions including;
- Visitors must wear sturdy, secure shoes, no ballet pumps, heels or flip flops. Stout walking sandals are allowed but these must be secured onto your feet over the heel and foot.
- Visitor must wear hard hats and high visibility jackets.
- No baby carriers or pushchairs are allowed.
- Every visitor under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a participating adult (on a 1:1 ratio).
- The tour does go over uneven surfaces and down steep slopes.
- The tour goes into the chapel which is does not have much natural light.
- Only assistance dogs are allowed.