Winter opening for 2018 - plan your visit to Charlecote
More exercise... less stress... space to think... a winter walk at Charlecote could be just what you need. We're open every day this winter so there's no excuse not to take that walk you've been promising yourself.
Until 15 February
The house is closed for the winter deep clean and re-opens on Saturday 16 February.
Grounds and outbuildings
- Grounds and outbuildings open every day, 9.00am-4.00pm.
- Bring your binoculars for a spot of birdwatching - we've seen kingfishers, grey wagtails, wigeon, teal, little egrets and a little grebe. The bird-hide in the spinney is also a great spot.
- The fallow deer are easier to spot now that the leaves have fallen from the trees, but please don't approach them.
- The first snowdrops and the hellebores come into flower in the woodland garden from the start of the new year.
Tea-room and shops (including second-hand books)
- Tea-room open every day, 9.00am-4.00pm.
- Servants' Hall Shop and bookshop open every day, 10.30-4.00pm.
Enjoy a winter walk in Charlecote's parkland
Get away from the central heating for a while with a stroll through the parkland.
In the event of severe weather, please check our website and social media to find out if we’re open before travelling. We have to close the property when there’s snow, strong winds or flooding.
- If there’s snow, staff and volunteers can’t travel safely in to open up.
- Flooding in the parkland means we can’t see the edges of the rivers and lake.
- Strong winds can bring down branches of our ancient trees in the parkland or on the cedar lawn.