Chartwell house and studio tickets
From Thursday 5 November the house and studio will be closed. The gardens and car park remain open with takeaway refreshments available from the café.
From Thursday 5 November the house and studio will be closed. The gardens and car park remain open.
We're delighted to welcome you back. Things might feel a little different, as we've put new measures in place to keep everybody safe:
House and Studio Tickets
- House and Studio tickets cannot be booked in advance.
- A garden and car park ticket is required before booking, visitors can upgrade to a house and studio ticket on the day of their visit
- We're limiting numbers inside the house and studio, and entry is not guaranteed for all visitors to Chartwell
- Tickets are available on arrival
- One member per household will be required to queue at the visitor centre for tickets
- Tickets are available from 10am and the house is open from 11.30am, last entry is 2.30pm.
- Ticketed entry in to the house is by allocated by time, and staggered from 11.30am to 2.30pm for the safety of our visitors, staff and volunteers. Please arrive promptly to enter the house at your allocated timed. Those that miss their alloted house entry time will not be able to enter after their allocated time.
- Tickets are allocated on a first come, first serve basis from the visitor centre. Depending on availability you will be allocated a ticket between 1pm and 4m. Depending on demand it is unlikely you will receive a house ticket with immediate entry.
- Garden tickets are £10 for adults, £5 for children and free for non-members.
- Tickets for the house and studio are free for National Trust members and an additional £7.25 for non-members on top of the garden ticket.
Inside the house
- Please give other visitors, and our room guides, plenty of space. Please note that you may have to queue before entering the house.
- There is a one-way system through the house.
- Hand sanitiser is available at the house entrance.
- Surfaces, including display cases, are sanitised regularly throughout the day. For your safety, please avoid touching surfaces as much as you can.
- In line with government guidance, you're required to wear a face covering in most enclosed spaces, this includes the house. Please bring a face covering with you.
- Pleas leave large rucksacks in the car or be prepared to carry them on your front or by your side around the house.
In line with Government guidance we are supporting the NHS Track and Trace programme. This means you may be asked to scan your membership card, or for non-members asked brief contact details.