Group visits at Cliveden
Cliveden’s stunning house and gardens are a perfect destination for a group day out. There's something for everyone including beautiful seasonal floral displays, an outstanding sculpture collection and tours of the house.
Planning your group visit
Cliveden welcomes group visits throughout the year, from Monday to Saturday. We recommend that you allow three to four hours to see the formal gardens and have enough time to stop for lunch or tea.
Cliveden offers pre-bookable guided tours for groups who wish to find out a bit more about the House or Garden.
Please note, a minimum of 3 weeks notice is required to confirm your group booking.
Guided house tours
The stunning Italianate mansion is leased as a private hotel but our visitors can take a peek inside on Thursday afternoons from April to October by joining a guided tour (additional charges apply). Take a tour of some of the public rooms on the ground floor which will include the impressive Great Hall and famous French Dining Room.
- Availability - March to October (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday). 11am-1pm (last tour starting at 12.30pm)
- Tours operate at 10 minute intervals from 3pm to 5pm and last about 30 minutes. Please note that these timed ticket tours are available to all visitors so we recommend that groups book in advance to ensure entry for everyone.
- Group size - Maximum number per tour is 16 people, but consecutive tours can be booked for larger groups.
- Tour Cost - £2 per person. National Trust members free.
Guided garden tours
Why not book one of our knowledgeable guides to take your group on a tour of this special Grade I listed garden. Highlights include the famous Parterre and Long Garden (additional charges apply). Along the way they’ll tell you about the estate’s history, explain the garden design and point out seasonal highlights. The tour lasts around 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Availability - March to September, Monday to Friday 10am – 5pm. For out-of-hours tours please call us on 01628 605069 to discuss your requirements.
- Group size - 15 - 20 people, but tours can often be run concurrently for larger groups.
- Tour Cost - £5 per person (including members).
For enquires, please e-mail Philip Howell on firstname.lastname@example.org
For both tours, it is necessary for group members to have admission tickets for the gardens or National Trust membership alongside their tour ticket. These should be pre-booked through Philip when confirming your booking.