Volunteering at Corfe Castle
Find out all about exciting volunteer opportunities at Corfe Castle at a drop-in day in Castle View visitor centre on Saturday 9 February.
Come along between 11am-3pm to speak to staff, meet existing volunteers, go on a walking tour of the castle and find out how you can get involved.
Roles at Corfe Castle
- Visitor welcome volunteers: Help organise and marshal our exciting programme of family-focused events, offer a warm and friendly welcome to our visitors and provide information about the castle, events and facilities, helping to ensure our visitors have a great experience.
- Learning guides: Help lead education group visits. Teaching experience is not necessary but an interest in working with young people is.
- Artisan volunteers: Help bring the castle’s history to life with traditional crafts — experts and those willing to learn both welcome.
- Volunteer fundraisers: Help promote the National Trust raffle, encouraging visitors to boost our funds so we can do more to support the conservation of Corfe Castle and the other special places we look after.
We also have two roles available covering the National Trust’s wider Purbeck estate, including Studland Bay.
- Handypeople: Our friendly group meets twice a week to carry out a range of practical tasks necessary for the upkeep of our buildings and infrastructure across Purbeck. This would suit anyone with DIY skills or trade experience who enjoys working as part of a team.
- Gardeners: Our small but dedicated gardening group is also looking for new members to help look after holiday cottage gardens throughout Purbeck, the vegetable plot which supplies our catering outlets with fresh produce and the tea-rooms garden in Corfe Castle.
For information about volunteering with the National Trust in Purbeck, please contact Rachel Rodman on email@example.com.