Events and Marketing Placement
Would you like to join the Events and Marketing team at Portstewart Strand, Downhill Demesne and Hezlett House?
By getting involved, you could…
- Gain experience in the planning, set up and delivery of a large portfolio of events.
- Assist in providing copy, information, press releases and marketing material to a local, national and internal audience.
- Gain insight into the digital world of social media and web editing.
- Assist in the co-ordination and delivery of our weddings.
- Join an enthusiastic and varied team where you will make new friends.
- Learn about the history, nature and conservation management and running of Portstewart Strand, Downhill Demesne and Hezlett House.
- Have the chance to help as required across all departments on various projects to gain key transferable skills.
- Gain valuable working experience within the largest conservation charity in Europe.
- The direct planning, delivery and promotion of our events.
- Obtaining event funding.
- Preparing and leading event activities e.g. children’s crafts or help in the set-up of weddings.
- Making sure events run smoothly and safely.
- Learning how to devise property risk assessments.
- Use social media to communicate with our ever growing digital audience.
- Update and keep fresh our property websites.
This role will suit you if you are/have …
- IT literate - A whizz at computers and software.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Cheerful, positive and keen to learn – a good team player.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Someone who enjoys meeting people and is able to respond to their needs.
- Keen to learn more about event planning and delivery.
- Placements run from September to June (Seasonal placements also available)
- Placements are voluntary.
- Travel costs are fully covered.
- You will receive a volunteer card which has many benefits including free entry onto all of our sites.
- All equipment necessary will be provided.