Would you like to join the Ranger team at Portstewart Strand, Downhill Demesne and Hezlett House?
By getting involved, you will…
- Assist in the conservation, maintenance and development of the properties.
- Work alongside the Rangers and other volunteers to complete outdoor and indoor practical tasks.
- Learn about all aspects of our estate management work.
- Help look after our designated landscapes.
- Share your knowledge with visitors.
- Make new friends.
- Join an enthusiastic and varied team.
- Learn about the history, nature and conservation management and running of Portstewart Strand, Downhill Demesne and Hezlett House.
- Have the chance to help as required across all departments on various projects to gain key transferable skills.
- Gain valuable working experience within the largest conservation charity in Europe.
- Helping the ranger team with practical work such as weeding, grass cutting, pruning, leaf clearance, path maintenance etc.
- General maintenance on all types of terrain and ground conditions often working in a variety of weather conditions.
- Maintaining our high standards of conservation and presentation.
- Data collection on biodiversity, habitats, grazing livestock alongside wildlife surveys and habitat improvement works.
- Engagement with Visitors about the conservation work you are involved with.
- Practical help with our portfolio of events on site.
- Capturing photos and information of projects undertaken by the ranger team for use in presentations, press releases and NT internal communications.
This role will suit you if you have/are …
- Passion for the outdoor environment.
- Reasonably fit and healthy.
- Interested in habitat and land management.
- Keen to get involved with practical tasks and projects.
- Willing to get stuck into anything, even when the weather’s not on your side.
- Cheerful and positive with a can so attitude.
- Placements run from September to June (seasonal placements are also available)
- Placements are voluntary.
- Travel costs are fully covered.
- You will receive a volunteer card which has many benefits including free entry onto all of our sites.
- All equipment necessary will be provided.