Student Community Learning and Events Placement
As part of its community engagement the National Trust works closely with schools and community groups in the area, delivering education programmes and establishing and nurturing links between communities and National Trust sites The placements normally run from September - May, the closing date for application is the 28th February
A student placement will assist the Community Officer in developing and delivering a number of community projects. They will also assist the Visitor Experience Team in delivering a wide number of events and engaging visitor experiences within the property portfolio. This placement offers a wonderful opportunity for a student to gain experience and skills working with a major conservation charity.
National Trust manager: Community Officer and Visitor Experience Team
Purpose of role: To assist the Community Learning and Events Officers
- Researching, developing and delivering Education Programs for primary and secondary schools
- Delivering guided walks and educational programs for school and community groups
- Assisting in Community projects
- Assisting in National Trust North Coast events.
- Assist in providing copy, information, press releases and marketing material to a local, national and internal audience.
- Work with site team to deliver events on a regular basis and to build their profile.
- Knowledge of how to deliver talks and presentations to school children
- Active interest in the National Trust and its purpose
- Demonstrable understanding of exemplary visitor service
- Knowledge of event planning and delivery
- Knowledge and of media management
- IT literate
- A positive, can do attitude
- Ability to interact with and inspire visitors
- Ability to identify visitor needs and respond appropriately
- Strong listening, observational and communication skills
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Good team worker
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Previous experience working with children is favorable
- Innovative and creative approach to problem solving
If you are interested and would like to apply please contact Lisa McCaughan at lisa.McCaughan@nationaltrust.org.uk