Chicken in a honey, mustard and lemon sauce
Try this delicious chicken dish. The recipe calls for the chicken to be marinated overnight so requires a bit of pre-planning but it's worth it for the taste!
- Chicken breast and leg joints 6
- Runny honey 340g (12oz)
- Fresh lemons, juiced 2
- Wholegrain mustard 40ml (1.4 fl oz)
- Cornflour 1tsp
- Water to mix with cornflour
- Chicken stock granules 8g
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix the honey, lemon juice and mustard to make a marinade. Marinate the chicken overnight, or for at least 12 hours.
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Take the chicken out of the marinade and season. Do not discard the marinade.
3. Roast the chicken pieces on a tray for about 35 minutes or until cooked. Leave to rest.
4. Meanwhile put the marinade in a pan with the stock granules and heat slowly until boiling.
5. Lower the heat, add the cornflour and water mix and stir until thickened.
6. When the sauce is ready, put the chicken on a serving plate and cover with the sauce. Serve with a salad or seasonal vegetables.