See the deer rut - guided walk
Join our Deer Ranger and keep an eye out for some dramatic displays with a spot of wildlife spying in the low light dusk or dawn. Hear the stags bellowing as they challenge one another to be the alpha male of the Holnicote estate.
- Booking essential
You will meet Charles Harding at Webbers Post car park, near the highest point on Exmoor.
Listen out for bellowing stags and keep your eyes peeled for the clash of antlers in a battle to be alpha male. A truly exhilarating wildlife drama.
Enjoy a delicious supper or breakfast provided by Periwinkle tea room before you head out on the walk.
Event ticket prices
Adult £11.00(age 18 and over) includes supper
Child £6.00(age 12 to 17) includes supper
- Booking details
- Call 01643 862452
- Suitable for children over 12
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- Please meet at Webbers Post car park. Nearest postcode TA24 8TB, but we recommend using grid reference SS903438.
- What to bring and wear
- Please wear suitable outdoor clothing and sturdy footwear. A torch and binoculars would also be useful.
- Will involve walking over mixed terrain and periods of standing still. No toilets at Webbers Post. Nearest facilities at Horner.
- Sorry, no dogs on this event.
|10 October 2018||16:00 - 19:00||Sold out|
|20 October 2018||06:00 - 10:30||Sold out|