Bird Ringing Demonstrations
A special opportunity to see some of the birds which make their homes at Dunwich Heath. Find out about bird ringing and how it provides a fascinating insight into the lives of the nation's birds. NB this event is weather dependent and times may vary.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
Much of what we know about how long birds live and how far they travel has been revealed by the British Trust for Ornithology's 'Ringing Scheme' which gathers information about bird survival rates and their movements both in the UK and across the globe. Join ringers from Waveney Bird Club who will be on site ringing some of our feathered friends. It's a great opportunity to see some of our best-loved birds up close and to find out more about this important conservation work.
- Event ticket prices
|Large vans, campervans & caravans||N/A||£15.00|
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
All vehicles must display a valid parking ticket.
National Trust members: Free parking, please scan your cards at the pay & display machine to obtain your ticket.
Non-members: Please purchase your ticket at the pay & display machine.
There are four disabled parking bays behind the Coastguard Cottages, please display your blue badge.
No overnight parking.
Coaches: please contact us before you visit.
- Children welcome
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- You can see birds being ringed in Heath Barn.
- What to bring and wear
- Bird ringing will take place outdoors so please dress suitably for the weather conditions.
- Accessible to all
- Please note that bird ringing is highly dependent on the weather conditions for the welfare of the wild birds, so may be cancelled or finish early if conditions aren't suitable. If you are visiting especially for this event, please ring the Dunwich Heath team on 01728 648501 before you travel to check that the event is running. Alternatively, up to date information will be published on our Facebook page.
|30 October 2018||08:00 - 12:00||Available|