50 things to do before you're 11 3/4 - Beach scavenger hunt tracker packs
Pick up your tracker pack and see what you can uncover on the beach.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
On your scavenger hunt you'll look for fossils, explore the high tide mark and create some wild art. We'll give you information, tools and guidance at the start - then head out on the beach and see what treasures you can find. Activities are self-led so you can take as long as you need to participate. Donations welcome. Suggested donation £2.
- Event ticket prices
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
- Children welcome
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Pick up your tracker pack and 50 things activity chart from our team at Birling Gap visitor centre, then venture onto the beach and see how many activities you can complete.
- What to bring and wear
- Check the weather before you arrive and wear appropriate clothing, prepare to get wet on the beach and wear sturdy footwear for walking over pebbles. Remember sunscreen and a hat for protection.
- The beach is accessed via around 50 steps. Our team will happily help with ideas of other activities you can do in our garden or visitor centre. Accessible toilets and parking are available.
- These activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled at short notice due to high winds, cliff falls or other incidents. If you are making a long journey please call us on 01323 423197 to check whether the event is taking place.
|27 August 2019||10:30 - 15:30||Available|
|28 August 2019||11:30 - 15:30||Available|
|29 August 2019||12:30 - 15:30||Available|