WW1 Guided Walk
A free guided walk that explores Brownsea's WW1 connections in this special centenary year.
- Booking essential
- Free event (admission applies)
Take a tour around the island and discover it's significance during WW1 with one of our expert volunteers.
- Event ticket prices
|1 adult family||£12.00||£10.80|
Minimum group size 15
Minimum group size 15
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points. Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission or
- Standard admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you the Gift Aid Admission prices. But it's entirely up to you which ticket you choose. If you want the Standard Admission instead, just let us know when you come to pay.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid* — an extra 25 per cent — potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below: Payment of the additional percentage donation is entirely voluntary, so if you prefer to pay the standard admission please advise our reception staff at the till point.
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid donations must be supported by a valid Gift Aid declaration and a Gift Aid declaration can only cover donations made by an individual for him/herself or for him/herself and members of his/her family.
Please note that the ferry fare (not National Trust) applies to all visitors
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Even though this event is free of charge, places are limited therefore booking is essential.
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- Please confirm with Reception staff on arrival where to meet for the guided walk.
- What to bring and wear
- Please wear appropriate footwear and clothing. We recommend bringing a bottle of water.
- The walk will cross various ground conditions and may be muddy following rain. All terrain wheelchairs are available but we recommend booking these in advance.
- Donations welcome
|6 July 2018||11:00 - 13:00||Sold out|
|7 September 2018||11:00 - 13:00||Available|