February Half Term Fun!
Wrap up and head outdoors for some family fun this half term! Don't forget to pick up a '50 Things to do before you are 11 3/4' scrap book from our visitor information hut and start ticking off some great outdoor activities.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
Weekends only: join the National Trust team for fun activities in Heath Barn 11am-12pm. You can become a 'Dunwich Detective' on our family nature walks on Saturdays 1-2pm or have a go at Pond Dipping on Sundays 1-2pm. We're open daily throughout half term so come and have a go at Geocaching or den building, or why not borrow a tracker pack and set off on a bug hunt? Explore Dunwich Heath by following our 'Smugglers' and 'Discovery' trails and see if you can solve the clues!
- Event ticket prices
|Large vans, campervans & caravans||N/A||£15.00|
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
All vehicles must display a valid parking ticket.
National Trust members: Free parking, please scan your cards at the pay & display machine to obtain your ticket.
Non-members: Please purchase your ticket at the pay & display machine.
There are four disabled parking bays behind the Coastguard Cottages, please display your blue badge.
No overnight parking.
Coaches: please contact us before you visit.
- All 5o Things activities are suitable for children.
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Make your way to the Visitor Information Centre outside the Coastguard Cottages where the team will be happy to help you plan your visit.
- What to bring and wear
- Dress for outdoor fun and don't forget wellies and coats if it's wet!
- Activities are accessible to all. Please note that Dunwich Heath has mixed terrain and uneven ground. An off-road personal mobility vehicle is available for hire - please book in advance.
- Why not treat yourself to some refreshments at the Coastguard Cottages Tearoom? Enjoy some tasty homemade cakes, light lunches and hot & cold drinks. Gifts and locally sourced coastal themed gifts are available in our National Trust Shop.
|24 February 2019||11:00 - 14:00||Available|