February Half Term Fun!
Wrap up and head outdoors for some family fun this half term! Don't forget to pick up a '50 Things to do before you are 11 3/4' scrap book from our visitor information centre and start ticking off some great outdoor activities.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
On Wednesday 19th February head to Heath Barn between 11am-2pm and make a pine cone bird feeder to hang in your garden. They’re easy to make and birds will appreciate the extra food in cold weather. We're open daily throughout half term so come and have a go at Geocaching or den building, or why not borrow a tracker pack and set off on a bug hunt? Explore Dunwich Heath with our 'Smuggler' and 'Discovery' trails, see if you can solve the clues! Activities are FREE
- Event ticket prices
|Large vans, campervans & caravans||N/A||£15.00|
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
All vehicles must display a valid parking ticket.
National Trust members: Free parking, please scan your cards at the pay & display machine to obtain your ticket.
Non-members: Please purchase your ticket at the pay & display machine.
There are four disabled parking bays, please display your blue badge. Please see our Access & Facilities tab for full access details.
No overnight parking.
Coaches: please contact us before you visit.
- All 50 Things activities are suitable for children
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Make your way to the Visitor Information Centre outside the Coastguard Cottages where the team will be happy to help you plan your visit.
- What to bring and wear
- Dress for outdoor fun and don't forget wellies and coats if it's wet!
- Activities are accessible to all. Please note that Dunwich Heath has mixed terrain and uneven ground. An off-road personal mobility vehicle is available for hire - please book in advance.
- Why not treat yourself to some refreshments at the Coastguard Cottages Tearoom? Enjoy some tasty homemade cakes, light lunches and hot & cold drinks. Gifts and locally sourced coastal themed gifts are available in our National Trust Shop.
|19 February 2020||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|20 February 2020||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|21 February 2020||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|22 February 2020||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|23 February 2020||10:00 - 16:00||Available|