Magnificent Meadows Day
We’re celebrating our wildflower meadows as part of National Meadows Day. There'll be family activities and a short walk to find out what makes the flower-rich meadows at Newtown so special.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
We'll start with a short walk the whole family can enjoy through Newtown's flower-rich meadows to discover the butterflies and flowers that grow and live here. Then afterwards, there are fun nature-themed activities for little ones to try.
- Event ticket prices
Minimum group size 10
Minimum group size 10
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Entry to the nature reserve is free. National Trust members can visit the town hall for free.
- Most suitable from those aged 7-12 years
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Meet at Newtown Visitor Point, PO30 4PA (SZ 423 906)
- What to bring and wear
- Please wear clothes you don't mind getting a bit messy and comfy shoes. If it's sunny, you might want to bring your hat, sunglasses and cream.
- There is some uneven ground but the walk will be in a generally flat landscape and no more than two miles.
- A donation of £3 per person for the walk would be very welcome and would help towards our fundraising at Newtown.
|6 July 2019||10:30 - 13:30||Available|