Brought to you by the National Trust and Lakeland Wellbeing, join us to reap the many therapeutic benefits of the ancient practice of Shinrin-Yoku.
- Booking essential
Experience the beautiful Borrowdale Atlantic oak woodlands through the Japanese practice of forest bathing. A relaxing and mindful journey through the woodland, connecting with nature through a series of mindful & sensory invitations, culminating in a traditional tea ceremony.
Event ticket prices
- Booking details
- Call Book online - click button at top of page
- This event is not designed for small children, ages 12 and up welcome!
- Meeting point
- Please meet at the Great Wood Car Park – CA12 5UP, Grid Ref NY272214
- What to bring and wear
- Please bring a waterproof coat and trousers, sturdy waterproof footwear, layers, hat, gloves, snack, waterbottle, suncream, midge repellent as well as your own mug for tea ceremony
- Unsurfaced woodland paths, stile-free access, there will tree roots and gentle inclines, some paths may be muddy underfoot. You should be prepared for walking off the paths as well. Total distance unlikely to be more than 2miles.
- This is a rain or shine event so please come prepared! The parking is all pay and display parking (free for National Trust members). Cost for parking is as follows: 2 hours: £5.00 4 hours: £7.00 All Day: £8.50 There are no toilet facilities at any of these locations. Nearest public toilets are in Keswick Lakeside car park or Buttermere village. Please follow current Covid guidance