Guided Walk: Birdwatching at Newtown
Learn all about birds, from spotting them to song identification, and discover the winter migrants of Newtown.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
If you're new to birdwatching, then join our short guided walk around the creeks, meadows and woods of Newtown. Discover which birds have arrived for the winter and which live here all year round. Learn how to identify their birdsong and record those that you've seen.
- Event ticket prices
Minimum group size 10
Minimum group size 10
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Entry to the nature reserve is free. National Trust members can visit the town hall for free.
- Suitable for the whole family
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Meet at 10am at Newtown Visitor Point, next to the National Trust car park, PO30 4PA (SZ 423 906).
- What to bring and wear
- We will go out whatever the weather, so please wear suitable footwear and warm, waterproof clothing. Bring a hot drink and a snack if you wish, and binoculars if you have them.
- Please be aware that paths are flat but some can be wet, muddy and uneven. Although the Mercia Seabroke hide is wheelchair accessible, the path to the hide is slightly sloping and rough.
|27 January 2019||10:00 - 12:30||Available|
|16 February 2019||10:00 - 12:30||Available|
|9 March 2019||10:00 - 12:30||Available|