Ranger volunteer day: rhododendron removal
Join our rangers for a hands-on volunteer day on Marsden Moor and help us look after this special place.
- Booking essential
- Free event (admission applies)
We're running monthly weekend volunteering to give more people a chance to get involved and help us look after Marsden Moor. From fence repairs to planting moss and removing invasive species, there's always plenty to keep the team busy.
This month we're removing rhododendron in the Wessenden Valley - an invasive species that outcompetes our native plants. This is physical work but can be quite satisfying.
Find out more about why we remove rhododendron here; https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/marsden-moor-estate/features/rhododendron-removal-at-marsden-moor
Booking essential; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Event ticket prices
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
- Booking details
- Call 01484 847016
- Not suitable for children under 10.
- Meeting point
- Meet part way up the Wessenden Track, at the Old Wessenden Head Resevoir. Full details provided on booking.
- What to bring and wear
- Please bring sturdy boots, waterproofs and waterproof work gloves if possible. We will provide some gloves too.
- This event involves accessing steep areas of the moor via narrow and uneven paths.
- Rhododendron removal can be quite physical work - we think older children may be able to get involved with pulling up smaller plants. All children must be accompanied. No dogs please. Please book via email email@example.com