Sutton House After Hours
With our expert tour guide and a glass of prosecco in hand, travel through five centuries of scandal, royal dramas, deaths and terrifying hauntings.
- Booking essential
- Admission applies
Hear the stories of those who have called Hackney’s oldest house a home since it was built in 1535 by Thomas Cromwell’s right-hand man Ralph Sadleir. Mid-way through the tour, enjoy another glass of prosecco in the lavish Tudor Great Chamber. Sutton House has been a Victorian school, a men’s club, the headquarters of a trade union, a family home, and a squat, and has housed anarcho-punks, descendants of the first refugees, and figures with problematic links to the East India Company.
Event ticket prices
Adult £0.00National Trust Member (Dry Ticket)
Adult £5.00National Trust Member (Tour plus a drink)
Adult £8.00Non Member (Dry Ticket)
Adult £13.00Nom Member (Tour plus a drink)
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Visits to Sutton House are currently by guided tour only, which are free to NT members and children aged 5 or under. For more details on the type of visit you can experience, please check our What To Expect page.
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- These tours are strictly for over-18s only.
- Meeting point
- Please enter through the Breaker's Yard gates.
- What to bring and wear
- Our house can get cold, so please dress warmly. Flat, comfortable shoes are recommended. Please bring ID if you are fortunate enough to look under 25.
- Regrettably, Sutton House is only wheelchair accessible on the ground floor. There are 18 steps from the ground floor and 20 steps to the first floor on both sides of the wing.
- These tours are strictly for over-18's only. You can buy a ticket that includes a glass of prosecco in the price. We also offer a ‘dry’ ticket at a lower price – please note that this does not include any prosecco or soft drinks.