Female suffrage: the other side exhibition; Sat 10 March to Mon 3 Sept; 11am-5pm
As part of the National Trust's 'Women and Power' programme in 2018, we take a look at Lord Curzon's anti-suffrage stance.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
Visit the West Tower in the castle for our exhibition as we explore the reality of the resistance to the suffrage campaign with Lord Curzon's leadership of the anti-suffrage movement.
- Event ticket prices
Minimum group size 15
Minimum group size 15
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Offer tickets are applicable to those arriving via the Kent & East Sussex Railway and Bodiam Boating Station. Visitors will be required to show their travel tickets from these providers.
Car Park: £3.00 per car
Coaches: Pre-booked coaches only.
- This exhibition is probably best suited to older rather than younger children
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- What to bring and wear
- Wear sturdy shoes or trainers and suitable clothing for this mainly outdoor site. The castle rooms remain cold even in the height of summer so please have a jumper or warm top to put on.
- Access to the castle is over graveled paths. The entrance to the West Tower is not wheelchair accessible. Accessible parking is available at two locations on site.
- Pay & Display car park: Free for NT members; £3 per car for non-members. Pre-booked coaches; free. Coach parking: £50 for 2 hours.
|18 August 2018||11:00 - 17:00||Available|
|19 August 2018||11:00 - 17:00||Available|
|20 August 2018||11:00 - 17:00||Available|
|21 August 2018||11:00 - 17:00||Available|
|22 August 2018||11:00 - 17:00||Available|
|23 August 2018||11:00 - 17:00||Available|
|24 August 2018||11:00 - 17:00||Available|
|25 August 2018||11:00 - 17:00||Available|
|26 August 2018||11:00 - 17:00||Available|
|27 August 2018||11:00 - 17:00||Available|
|28 August 2018||11:00 - 17:00||Available|
|29 August 2018||11:00 - 17:00||Available|
|30 August 2018||11:00 - 17:00||Available|
|31 August 2018||11:00 - 17:00||Available|
|1 September 2018||11:00 - 17:00||Available|
|2 September 2018||11:00 - 17:00||Available|
|3 September 2018||11:00 - 17:00||Available|